Cocoa PEBBLES™ Blondies
Quick and easy to make, these moist and rich blondies are dotted with Cocoa PEBBLES™ Cereal for a yummy chocolaty accent.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 cup (250 mL) Cocoa PEBBLES™ Cereal, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and line 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan with enough parchment paper to overhang edges.
- Melt butter in saucepan set over medium heat; stir in sugar. Transfer to large mixing bowl; let cool completely.
- Using electric mixer, in a bowl, beat egg into sugar mixture; stir in vanilla. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; stir into sugar mixture.
- Fold in 1/2 cup (125 mL) Cocoa PEBBLES™ Cereal. Scrape batter into prepared baking pan; smooth top. Sprinkle with remaining cereal.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it or when tester inserted about 2 inches (5 cm) from edge of pan comes out clean. Let cool completely on rack.
- Remove from pan; cut into bars or squares.
Tip: For frosted blondies, top with store-bought cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with additional Cocoa PEBBLES™ Cereal.