Alpha-Bits 1-2-3 Gorp
Sometimes, we all need a snack that we can grab on the go. Whether you’re hitting the trail for a hike, or sitting at your and in need of a mid-day snack, we’ve all been there. Rather than reaching for potato chips, why not try this delicious (and healthy!) alternative, featuring your favorite Post Consumer Brands cereals? You can mix and match your ingredients to fit find the perfect combination for your taste buds!
Post Cereal options:
- Post Alpha-Bits
- Post Shreddies
- Post Honeycomb
- Post Original Shredded Wheat Spoon Size
- Dry roasted peanuts
- Trail mix with mixed nuts & raisins
- Whole almonds
- Mixed nuts
- Dried Fruit possibilities:
- Dried cranberries
- Dried apricots
- Yogurt-covered raisins
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine your choices of cereal, dried fruit, and nuts together. We’d recommend a ratio of 1 cup of cereal to every ¼ cup of nuts and dried fruit.
- Mix the gorp until the nuts & dried fruit seem evenly dispersed among the cereal.
- Separate the mix evenly among as many quart-sized plastic bags as needed. Use resealable bags to keep the mix longer.
- Grab a bag as needed and enjoy!