Chocolate Maple Strawberry Shredded Wheat Sandwich
Recipe by Chef Arnaud Marchand
- 200 mL 58% dark chocolate chips
- 100 mL 35% cream
- 200 mL 35% whipping cream, or yogurt
- 1 T. maple syrup
- 1 container strawberries, washed and halved lengthwise
- 2 T. blackcurrant vinegar
- 2 T. maple syrup
4 Shredded Wheat biscuits (23 grams each)
- Heat the cream in the microwave for 1 minute on high.
- Place the chocolate chips in a bowl and pour the heated cream on top.
- Using a spatula with a rubber end, mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Dip both sides of the biscuits in chocolate until completely covered in chocolate.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the strawberries, blackcurrant vinegar and maple syrup.
- Let marinate for 5 minutes.
- Place the whipping cream and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Whip until thickened but still slightly runny.
- Cut the Shredded Wheat in half horizontally, then garnish with strawberries and whipped maple topping.