Post 100% Bran and Oatmeal Chip Cookies
Cookies are a perfect treat for a quick, sweet fix. They’re an easy vessel to grab and go, and even easier to grab a few at one time! Still, it’s easy to get into a “cookie rut” and use the same recipe over and over again. Why not shake it up and throw some delicious Post Cereal into the mix? The balance between Post 100% Bran cereal and chocolate chips are a great partnership in these chewy cookies.
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup Post 100% Bran cereal
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. each: baking powder and soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans (optional)
- 1 cup each: softened butter and brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- Mix all dry ingredients, chips and nuts.
- Beat butter, sugar and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Stir dry ingredients into butter mixture just until moistened.
- Drop cookies by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.