Post 100% Bran Banana Chocolate Bread
There are few better breakfast breads than banana chocolate bread. It both provides the nutrition needed for a long morning as well as the sweetness to make you want to grab another slice. Why not throw in Post 100% Bran cereal for extra nutritional value? The combination of the three flavors will send your taste buds racing as you start your day off right.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed bananas, (3 bananas)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Post 100% Bran cereal
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 squares semi-sweet chocolate, grated
- Stir eggs, bananas, oil and milk together until well blended.
- Add flours, bran, sugar, baking powder & chocolate; stir just until moistened.
- Pour into lightly greased 8 x 4 inch (20 cm x 10 cm) or 2 L loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until done. Cool 10 min.; remove from pan. Cool completely on rack.