Shreddies Caramel, Popcorn and Nut Crunch
For any chef, the most important asset is a collection of trusted recipes. That’s why we here at Post Consumer Brands have done much of the work for you! From breakfasts for the road (or weekends at home) to snacks throughout the day that’ll fuel you for more than a few minutes, to unique dinner dishes, this rotation of recipes will become staples in your household. And of course, we couldn’t resist throwing in a few desserts! Cookies, bars, ice cream treats…all from the comfort of your own home! Try this snack mix out for size!
- 4 cups Post Shreddies cereal
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup blanched whole almonds
- 1 pkg. (340 g) caramels
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. water
- Combine cereal, popcorn and nuts in large microwaveable bowl; set aside.
- Place caramels, butter and water in medium microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2 to 3 min. or until caramels are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after each minute.
- Drizzle over cereal mixture; toss to coat. Microwave 2 min., stirring after each minute. Cool completely. Break into clusters.