Chewy Cherry Cookies
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups (3 sticks) margarine
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups Post Original Shredded Wheat Spoon Size Cereal, crushed
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats 1 cup dried cherries
- Mix flour and baking soda in small bowl. Beat margarine in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy after each addition. Blend in egg and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in crushed cereal, oats and cherries.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375°F for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 minute. Remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely on wire racks.