Cranberry Almond Crunch Mom’s Best Sweet Potato Casserole
- 3 lb. (1.5 kg) sweet potatoes (about 5 large)
- 125 g (1/2 of 250-g pkg.) cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 cups Post Cranberry Almond Crunch cereal, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place sweet potatoes on microwaveable plate. Microwave on HIGH 8 min. Turn potatoes over; continue microwaving 9 to 10 min. or until very tender. Let stand 5 min. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop pulp into large bowl; discard skins.
- Add cream cheese, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg to potato pulp. Mash with potato masher to desired consistency. Spoon into 9-inch (23 cm) square glass baking dish.
- Mix cereal and butter in medium bowl until well blended. Stir in marshmallows. Sprinkle evenly over potato mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 min. or until topping is golden brown and mixture is heated through.