Honey Bunches of Oats Our Favourite Cherry Winks
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 jar (375 mL) maraschino cherries, divided
- 1 cup chopped mixed nuts
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 5 cups Post Honey Bunches of Oats cereal, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing until well blended after each addition.
- Drain cherries. Cut 18 of the cherries into quarters; reserve for garnish. Chop remaining cherries and stir into cookie dough with nuts and dates.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll in crushed cereal. Place, 2 inches apart, on lightly greased baking sheets. Top each with 1 reserved quartered cherry.
- Bake 10 to 12 min. or until lightly browned. Let stand on baking sheet 1 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.