Honey Bunches of Oats PB & J French Toast
- 8 slices whole wheat, white or cinnamon raisin bread
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp. strawberry jam
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 2-1/2 cups Post Honey Bunches of Oats cereal, crushed
- 2 cups sliced fresh fruit, such as strawberries and/or bananas
- 1 Tbsp. sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread each of 4 bread slices with 1 Tbsp. peanut butter and about 2 tsp. jam. Cover with remaining bread slices to make 4 sandwiches.
- Break eggs into shallow dish. Add milk and beat with wire whisk for 30 seconds. Place crushed cereal in pie plate. Dip each sandwich into egg mixture, then into cereal, turning to evenly coat both sides. Press cereal gently into bread to secure. Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake 20 min. or until golden brown. Cut each sandwich diagonally in half; top with fruit. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with syrup.