Hot Apple Crumble
Greet your morning with the comforting flavours of a delicious hot apple crumble.
- 1 cup (47 g) Spoon Size Shredded Wheat Original
- 1 tsp (5 mL) butter
- 1 red-skinned apple, cored and chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) vanilla extract
- Pinch each ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 2% milk, heated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) maple syrup
- Melt butter in skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook apple, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Place cereal in bowl. Pour hot milk over top.
- Top with apples and dollop of yogurt.
- Sprinkle with pecans and drizzle with maple syrup.
- If preferred, substitute vanilla yogurt for plain yogurt.
- Substitute walnuts or almonds for pecans.