Pancakes with Maple Syrup Cream and Cranberry Topping
Recipe by Chef Arnaud Marchand
- 65 g flour
- 3 Post Shredded Wheat biscuits (23 g each), finely crumbled
- 25 g sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 25 g melted butter
- 250 mL milk
- 1 cup cranberry halves
- 1 cup diced apples
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. pectin
MAPLE SYRUP CREAM
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- In a bowl, beat eggs with melted butter and milk until well blended.
- In another bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk until dough is smooth.
- Using 2-oz. ice cream scoop, make 8 pancakes and cook one at a time until toothpick comes out clean. About 3 minutes each side.
- Allow apples, cranberries and honey to soften by refrigerating overnight.
- The next day, mix sugar and pectin and add to apple and cranberry mixture.
- Pour into saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Transfer to bowl and refrigerate.
MAPLE SYRUP CREAM:
In a bowl, whisk whipping cream and maple syrup together until thick.
Serve pancakes with maple cream syrup and cranberry topping.