Shreddies Pear Cranberry Crisp
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) large flake oats
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, room temperature
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) Post Shreddies Cereal, coarsely crushed
- 4 to 5 large ripe pears, peeled, cored, quartered lengthwise, and sliced (approx. 5 cups (1.25 L)
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) granulated sugar
- Finely grated zest from 1 small orange
- Combine oats, flour, and sugar in medium bowl. Using pastry cutter, or 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in Shreddies until combined. Set aside.
- Combine pear and cranberries in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Transfer mixture to lightly greased 9-inch (23 cm) square baking dish. Sprinkle topping over fruit.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 35 to 40 min. or until fruit is tender, and topping is golden.