Shreddies Quiche Lorraine
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) Post Shreddies Cereal, crushed into fine crumbs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter, melted
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp, drained, and coarsely crumbled
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/3 cups (325 mL) half & half (10%) cream
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Combine Shreddies with butter. Transfer to 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate; press firmly into bottom and up sides.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 10 min. Cool.
- Sprinkle bacon and cheese over crust.
- Whisk eggs with cream, black pepper, and nutmeg; gently pour into crust.
- Bake 35 min. or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool 5 min. before cutting.