Sugar Crisp Paw Cookies
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups flour
- 1-1/4 cups Post Sugar Crisp cereal, divided
- 2 squares semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk; beat until well blended.
- Add flour; stir until well blended. Stir in 1 cup of the cereal.
- Roll level tablespoonfuls of dough into balls; place on ungreased baking sheets 1 inch (2 cm) apart. Flatten cookies. With fingertip, make 3 indents on one side of each cookie for “paw print”.
- Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. (Do not overbake). Cool a few minutes on wire cooling rack.
- Fill “paw print” indents evenly with melted chocolate; top each print with 1 piece of cereal. Cool completely.