Timbits Birthday Cake Cereal No-Bake Cheesecake
This no-bake cheesecake is perfect for novice bakers – and it makes a stunning celebratory dessert.
- 2 cups (500 mL) mini marshmallows
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 3 cups (750 mL) Timbits Birthday Cake Cereal, lightly crushed
- 2 pkg (8 oz/250 g each) plain cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipped topping
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Timbits Birthday Cake Cereal
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sprinkles
- Crust: Grease 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan with cooking spray; set aside. In large saucepan set over medium heat, melt marshmallows and butter, stirring constantly. Stir in vanilla and salt. Remove from heat; stir in Timbits Birthday Cake Cereal.
- Press mixture into bottom and up side of prepared pan; let cool completely.
- Filling: Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until light and fluffy. Beat in sour cream, lemon juice, vanilla and salt. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon filling into prepared crust. Refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours or until set.
- Remove cheesecake from pan. Garnish with cereal and sprinkles.
Tip: Alternatively, for individual cheesecakes, prepare in muffin cups.