Trail Mix Shreddies Squares
A delicious mix of fruits, seeds, almonds, and Original Shreddies make these squares the perfect wholesome treat!
- 4 cups (2 L) Shreddies, Original
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) golden raisins
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried apricots, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted large flake coconut
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tahini paste or sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- Line 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish with enough parchment paper to leave overhang; set aside. In large bowl, toss together Shreddies, cranberries, raisins, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, dried apricots and coconut; set aside.
- Combine butter, tahini, coconut oil, brown sugar, honey, vanilla, salt and cinnamon in small saucepan set over medium heat. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until brown sugar dissolves.
- Pour mixture over Shreddies mixture; toss until combined.
- Press firmly into prepared baking dish in even layer. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or until set. Remove from pan; cut into squares.
Tip: Substitute chopped tropical fruit, such as dried chopped mango, pineapple or papaya, for dried cranberries and raisins.