Fruity PEBBLES™ Granola Bars
Prepared with Fruity PEBBLES™ Cereal, oats, honey and almonds, these colourful granola bars make a great snack any time of the day.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes (+ 1 hour standing time)
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 cups (500 mL) Fruity PEBBLES™ Cereal
- 1 cup (250 mL) gluten-free quick oats
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup (75 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) honey
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sea salt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) white chocolate chips
- Line 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan with enough parchment paper to overhang edges; set aside. In large bowl, toss together cereal, oats, almonds and cranberries; set aside.
- In small saucepan set over medium heat, combine butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla and salt; bring to boil. Boil for 2 minutes; stir into cereal mixture until well coated. Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Scrape into prepared pan; press firmly to even thickness. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm and set. Remove from pan; cut into bars.
Tip: Substitute coconut oil for butter if preferred.