Banana Split for breakfast… that’s right! This healthy take on a classic dessert will have you starting the day with a smile and a cherry on top.
- 1 cup (47 g) Spoon Size Shredded Wheat Original
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced pineapple
- 1 tsp (5 mL) caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sliced strawberries
- 1 tsp (5 mL) strawberry jam
- 1 banana, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vanilla yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 fresh or frozen cherry
- Toss pineapple with caramel sauce; set aside. Toss strawberries with strawberry jam; let stand for 2 minutes.
- Place cereal in bowl. Place banana halves on each side of cereal and top with yogurt.
- Garnish with pineapple mixture and strawberry mixture.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate; top with a cherry.
Tip: Substitute maple syrup or honey for caramel sauce if preferred.