Warm-up with bananas sautéed in brown sugar and topped with fresh raspberries, for a delectable way to start the day.
- 1 cup (47 g) Spoon Size Shredded Wheat & Bran
- 1 tsp (5 mL) butter
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 2% milk, warmed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) raspberries
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped toasted pecans
- 1 pitted date, chopped
- Melt butter in skillet set over medium-high heat; cook sliced banana and brown sugar for 3 to 5 minutes or until banana is tender and brown sugar starts to caramelize.
- Place cereal in bowl. Pour hot milk over top.
- Top with sautéed banana and dollop of yogurt.
- Sprinkle with raspberries, chopped pecans and date.
- Substitute sliced strawberries for raspberries if desired.
- Use Greek vanilla yogurt, if preferred.