With cherries and a hint of dark chocolate, our black forest-inspired breakfast bowl is as healthy as it is decadent.
- 1 cup (47 g) Spoon Size Shredded Wheat & Bran
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh or frozen pitted cherries
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sliced toasted almonds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dried cherries
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) shaved dark chocolate (optional)
- Place cereal in bowl.
- Top with milk, yogurt and fresh cherries.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds and dried cherries.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and garnish with shaved chocolate (if using).
Tip: Substitute dried cranberries for cherries if desired. Garnish with 2 tsp (10 mL) chia seeds for additional fiber.