Shreddies Frozen Margarita Squares
- 3 cups Post Shreddies Cereal, divided
- 6 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 can (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (approx. 3 limes)
- 2 Tbsp. finely grated lime rind (from 2 limes)
- 5 drops green food colouring (optional)
- 4 cups whipped topping or whipped cream
- Line 9-inch square baking pan with foil. Set aside 16 (1/4 cup) whole Shreddies. Place remaining Shreddies in a resealable plastic bag and crush by hand to yield 1-1/2 cups coarse crumbs.
- Combine crumbs with butter and salt. Press evenly into bottom of prepared pan. Bake at 325° F for 10 min. Cool.
- Combine condensed milk, lime juice, lime rind and food colouring in large bowl. Gently fold in whipped topping. Pour over crust.
- Insert 16 Shreddies over top, forming rows of 4 x 4.
- Freeze at least 6 hrs. Before cutting, let stand 15 min. at room temperature. Holding ends of foil, lift from pan; cut into squares.