Make a Pinhole Projector to View the Solar Eclipse
Enjoy the sun’s stellar shows by creating your very own pinhole projector.
- Empty 311g box of PEBBLES™ cereal
- Sheet of white paper
- Aluminum foil
- Pin or thumbtack
- How to make the pinhole projector
Here’s what to do:
1. Take your cereal box and trace its bottom on your sheet of white paper
2. Cut out the rectangle you just traced
3. Tape the rectangle to the bottom of the inside of your box.
4. Close the top of the box and tape it shut.
5. Cut rectangular holes along the right and left edges of the top.
6. Cut a piece of aluminum foil to cover the left hole. Tape it in place.
7. Poke a pinhole in the center of the foil.
8. With the sun behind you, look into the right hole.