Chocolate Oreo O’s Cookies and Cream Brownies
These fudgy brownies are layered with a yummy cookies and cream flavour. It’s a decadent treat that’s worth savouring.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter
- 3 oz (90 g) unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) Oreo O’s Cookies Cereal, divided
- 1 pkg (8 oz/250 g) plain cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 9-inch (23 cm) square baking pan; line with enough parchment paper to overhang edges. Set aside.
- In heatproof bowl set over barely simmering water, heat butter and chopped chocolate, stirring occasionally, until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar and half of the salt; let cool slightly.
- Stir in eggs, one at a time. Stir in 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla; stir in flour. Fold in 1/2 cup (125 mL) Oreo O’s Cookies Cereal.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until only a few moist crumbs adhere to toothpick inserted into centre of brownie. Let cool completely in pan on rack.
- Meanwhile, using electric mixer, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy; beat in butter, icing sugar, remaining vanilla and salt until smooth. Fold in 1 cup (250 mL) cereal. Spread over brownies. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or until well chilled. Sprinkle remaining Oreo O’s over top; press down lightly.
- Using parchment paper as handles, transfer to cutting board. Cut into squares.
Tip: Cut brownies into bite-size pieces and use as a topper for an ice cream sundae with cookies and cream ice cream, whipped cream, hot fudge sauce and additional Oreo O’s Cookies Cereal.