Raisin Bran Applesauce Bran Cereal Muffins
For any chef (from the experts across the globe to those making dinner every night), the most important asset is a collection of trusted recipes. That’s why we here at Post Consumer Brands have done much of the work for you! From breakfasts for the road (or weekends at home) to snacks throughout the day that’ll fuel you for more than a few minutes, to unique dinner dishes, this rotation of recipes will become staples in your household. And of course, we couldn’t resist throwing in a few desserts! Cookies, bars, ice cream treats…all from the comfort of your own home! Mixing applesauce and your favorite cereal, these muffins will be a substantial staple to your diet!
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups Post Raisin Bran Cereal
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Mix cereal and milk in medium bowl; let stand 3 minutes. Stir in egg, applesauce, sugar and margarine. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.)
- Spoon batter into muffin pan sprayed with cooking spray, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.